Saturday, October 25, 2008

Boston, Georgia 10-25-08

On May 2nd, 2006, I had bi-lateral knee replacement. My orthopedic surgeon, Dr. David Bellamy told me after the surgery, “No more long distance running”. So, why you might ask, am I running with my oldest son in the Boston Mini-Marathon (13.1 miles)? Can you spell STUBBORN?

Here I am crossing the finish line with Rick and a friend of his. We all ran together. As you can tell from the clock, we ran the race in 2 hours, 11 minutes and 48 seconds.

Three racers who are very happy that this ordeal is finally over. Pictured are me, my oldest son, Rick, and his friend, Deva Diaz.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Good job dad. I love your facial expression in the first photo. By the way, a half marathon is 13.1 miles not 13.2:)

Wendi said...

I didn't realize this blog continued after your big trip. I haven't been checking back, but I'm looking forward to following your adventures.

Congratulations! I'm highly impressed. My dad is a big marathon runner. I'm lucky if I just run the occasional block when I'm out walking our dog. :)