Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Monticello, Florida 07-15-09

So, I walk outside of the garage and what do I find on the driveway?  A baby brown thrasher that has fallen out of its nest.



Mama was watching me and wasn't any too happy that I was messing with her baby.  In fact, she swooped down after me a couple of times.
                     Later, she decided I wasn't so much of a threat and took time to feed her baby.



A contented mom keeps an eye out for her chick.








A short time later, I heard a commotion involving some blue jays and their baby.  Here is what I discovered the commotion was all about.


This snake was sitting in an azela bush just below the baby.  The baby flew off when I took this picture, so I am sure the snake was not too happy with me.

We have a family of hummingbirds and this one decided to take a rest outside of our living room window.




Here's a ruby-throated hummingbird resting in a tress outside of our bedroom.





One of our hummingbirds decided to come in for a drink.





It takes time to plan on the perfect landing.






Ok, I'm there, I guess it's safe to drink.






I'm sure they appreciate us putting out food for them.





Coming back for more a little later.






Just can't get enough of a good thing.







Enough for the moment, time to take flight.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

That snake sure looked scary! The bird pictures are really cool, though. I especially love the hummingbirds. Thanks for sharing. :)